A horse-drawn streetcar between Longue-Pointe and Boucherville, circa 1920
Société d’histoire des Îles-Percées
This streetcar connected the two shores during winter. Small trees were planted on the ice to guide the conductor. In the 17th century, it was easier for the inhabitants of Longue-Pointe to go to the Boucherville church for mass than to try their luck on the snow-covered roads to Pointe-aux-Trembles.