Photograph taken in 1936 of the founding members of the Historical Society of Argenteuil County in front of the MacKay residence in St. Andrews. Front row, left to right: Colonel L. M. Hooker, Dr. Maude Abbott, Mrs. G. F. W. Kuhring, Dr. Benjamin N. Wales, Mrs. Cushing and Dr. H. B. Cushing. On the steps of the balcony behind them: J. S. Giles, Dr. J. P. Lanctôt and Beatrice Robertson.
A. N. MacKay was a criminal lawyer. He moved to St. Andrews in 1862, where he had this magnificent house with columns built by Frank Farrish. At the time of the photo, the house belonged to Dr. Lanctôt. Today, it has been converted into a residence for people with Alzheimer’s disease.