Date: January 20, 1938
Credits: La Frontière, January 20, 1938, p.4.
Transcript of an article published January 20th 1938 about the choice of a name for Roc-d’Or.
“Roc-d’Or: Such will be the name of the small village north of Canadian Malartic Mines. It is the fourth or fifth attempt at distinguishing this village from Malartic. The fraternal bonds of friendship between the two have always been strained. This most recent name is the preferred choice of Roc-d’Or’s businessmen. The Post Office Inspector suggested it last year. Rocdor mine has changed its name to Mill Rock, eliminating every risk of confusion.”