Date : Circa 1950
Credits : Société d’histoire de Malartic
In the late 1930s, mines began producing gold a few kilometers east of Canadian Malartic. East Malartic Mines (concrete headframe), in operation 1938 to 1979, produced some 87 tons of gold and 17 tons of silver. Sladen Malartic Mines (small headframe on the right) was in production from 1938 to 1948. It then acquired claims held by National Malartic Gold Mines and, under a new name, Barnat Mines, pursued mining operations (bottom headframe).