Date : Unknown
Credits : Société d’histoire de Malartic, Gaétane Palin fonds
Malartic Gold Fields had its own village eight kilometers east of Malartic. Named in honour of Robert A. Halet, the mine’s manager, the small settlement was home to the company’s employees. Besides bunkhouses and a few houses, there was a curling rink and a tennis court. In May 1942, the Town of Malartic annexed the village along with all Malartic Gold Fields’ lands.