Date : Circa 1929
Credits : Société d’histoire et de généalogie de Val-d’Or, Gilbert Tardif fonds
In the summer of 1923, gold was found in Fournière Township. The Porcupine Goldfields Development and Finance Company acquired the mining claims. Prospection went on until 1925, when Malartic Gold Mines Limited took over until 1929. In the spring of 1933, Ventures Group from Kirkland Lake bought fourteen mining claims and founded Canadian Malartic Gold Mines Limited.