Date : 1945
Credits : Alexandre Faucher, De l’or… et des putes?, Rouyn-Noranda, Éditions du Quartz, 2014, p 12.
In 1939, the new town of Malartic sat on 2,590 acres. It covered the Canadian Malartic, East Malartic and Sladen (Barnat) Malartic mining claims. In May 1942, Malartic Gold Fields Mines including Halet, was annexed to the Town of Malartic. The town, with its four producing gold mines, spread to 7,287 acres.