Source: Verdun Borough Archives (038-27)
The Dunver was built in Lauzon by Morton Engineering and Drydock Company. The frigate’s first commanding officer was a Verdunite, Lieutenant Commander William Woods, who received the Order of the British Empire in 1944. That same year, Dunver commanded other Canadian warships in escorting across the Atlantic Ocean the largest supply convoy of the war to Britain. This convoy of 167 ships covered 26 square miles and transported over one million tons of material.