Cancer Detection Clinic at 61 Grosvenor Street
Credit: The Miss Margaret Robins Archives of Women’s College Hospital, Photograph collection, L-00098.
In May 1950, the Cancer Detection Clinic (CDC) moved to a small house at 61 Grosvenor Street. The house was located beside Women’s College Hospital. It was decorated like a home with wallpapered rooms and pastel couches to put its patients’ nerves at ease. The larger space allowed the CDC to see more patients.