Bethel Presbyterian Church, c.1915
Credit: Kelowna Public Archives #8005; COHS Fonds
The Bethel Presbyterian Church, built in 1892 on land donated by Mackay, was partially funded by the Aberdeens. Lady Aberdeen wrote in Through Canada with a Kodak that, “If settlers are allowed to get into a habit of not attending church…many opportunities for promoting religious influences, and for preventing evil will have been lost.”
Community Memories exhibit: Benvoulin Church: A Building that Reflects its Community.