Image-Sharon Temple National Historic Site & Museum
This is a barrel organ, built in 1820, by Richard Coates. Used by the Children of Peace in their First Meeting House, it has 133 pipes. A hand turned crank turns the barrel. Staples raise the wooden hammers, which bring the music from the pipes. The case is cedar, and the top and inside frames are of English Oak. Originally the inlay inside was gold. This is the oldest barrel organ in Canada, and is still in the Temple to this day.