Photographed by Julie Pomeroy and Crystal Braye, July 2011.
This hillside root cellar has a stone wall interior and a deep, 3.5 metre, entrance into the cellar. Built in circa 1860 by Scottish immigrant, John Kennedy, the root cellar was constructed with a shed structure on top that had a hatch entrance. The shed was demolished and the grounds above the root cellar have sunk, resulting in the cellar being retired from use in the early 1950s. The cellar is now barred up due to danger posed from the sunken top. In 2008, the stone wall on the exterior was rebuilt.