The Order of the Sœurs Marianites de Sainte-Croix et des Sept-Douleurs (n.d.)
Source: Magog Historical Society, PR002 fonds Bibliothèque Memphrémagog\album 2\ photo # 438.
The Sainte-Croix nuns arrived in 1885 and were the first religious teachers in Magog. They were the first to occupy the College Street School (from 1885 to 1891) and the Sacré-Cœur Convent (1891 to 1909). The Frères du Sacré-Cœur and the Filles de la Charité du Sacré-Cœur de Jésus came to replace them in these two schools.