The school on College street (n.d.)
Source: Magog Historical Society, PR002 fonds Bibliothèque Memphrémagog\album 2\photo # 444.
Following the sale in 1884 of its first school, located on Main Street, the Catholic School Board had another one built at the corner of Saint-Patrice Street and College Street. Secular instructors were in charge of teaching as of its first year of operation. Then, the Magog priest Charles-Édouard Milette invited the Marianites de Sainte-Croix et des Sept-Douleurs nuns to take it over. Father Milette, in collaboration with the bishop of Sherbrooke Monseigneur Antoine Racine, succeeded in convincing Monseigneur Fabre, ecclesiastical superior of the Sainte-Croix order, to allow the nuns to offer coeducational teaching..The Sainte-Croix nuns, therefore, taught mixed classes from 1885 to 1891, that is until the Catholic School Board allowed the construction of a convent where girls in Magog could be taught. In 1895, the Sacré-Cœur brothers took charge of this school until it was sold and moved in 1914.
 Jacques Desgrandchamps, Monseigneur Antoine Racine et les communautés de religieuses enseignantes, 1874-1893, Sherbrooke, Groupe de recherche en histoire des Cantons-de-l’Est, 1980,pp. 103-112.