Magog in 1920 (Merry and Main St. Corner)
Source: Magog Historical Society, collection cartographique\ Underwriters’s Survey Bureau ltd. (1920) Insurance Plan of the City of Magog, Que. [Insurance plan]. 7 pages. Ottawa.
Corner of Merry North St. and Main St. In red: the Sacré-Cœur Convent (Sainte-Croix). Note that the Underwriters’s Survey Bureau named the convent referencing the Marianites sisters of “Sainte-Croix et des Sept-Douleurs” even if they had stop teaching since 1909. This 1920 plan also makes it possible to observe the withdrawal of the original wood building (in yellow on the plan) which allowed the erection of the annex of 1912, made of brick (in pink on the plan).