Source : H. Belden & Co., Historical Atlas of Quebec Eastern Townships, 1881, p. 37. (Magog Historical Society, collection des livres anciens)
The second Merry house was built in 1821. Of American vernacular style, it is still present in the 2018 Magog landscape at the corner of Merry Street and Main Street. In addition to the house and its surroundings (Lake Memphrémagog among them), this 1881 engraving offers a representation of Ralph Merry V (1809-1887) and his wife Susan Rexford (1817-1875).