The first monastery, with the 1902 expansion. SNDBC History Centre
The first nuns initially lodged on the third floor of the bishop’s palace. But it soon became necessary to build a convent for them. In 1895, a first monastery was erected on the property of the Bishop’s palace, and then expanded in 1902. The Congregation grew very fast, as a new convent was built higher up on the cape.