J.J. McHugh and Lady Lougheed at the Stampede
J. J. McHugh and Lady Lougheed on the back of a covered wagon which was used in the Stampede parade, c.1925. Glenbow Archives NB-16-409.
The date is likely 1925 when the Oldtimers’ hut was opened in the fairgrounds – a corner of this building’s veranda can be seen. The buildings behind are the Hudson’s Bay Company trading post and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police detention hut. In the extreme rear are Blackfoot tipis.