Skip to main content

St. James The Apostle, The First Two Churches

The first church burned to the ground around 1850 but a new, second church was built on the property in 1852.  Some beautiful images of the second church remain.

Small sketch of St. James the Apostle first Log church.

Anne Langton charcoal sketch of the first St. James the Apostle church on “Church Hill” in Fenelon Falls – circa 1837.

A 20th century watercolour of the second St. James Church on a summer's day. The painting shows the church on a hill with a path leading to its doors.

Watercolour of the second St. James Church. Used by permission of St. James Archival Committee.

Access video with descriptive transcriptions