Used by permission of the City of Kawartha Lakes Archives.
Anne Langton sketched several views of the falls in Fenelon Falls. This view is around 1838, before the railway bridge was built, and looks from the south side of the Fenelon River towards the northwest.
Fenelon Falls was originally named Cameron Falls, but was renamed after a Catholic missionary Francois de Salignac de La Monthe-Fenelon who ministered to his flocks along the waterways of the Trent-Severn.
The falls is located between Cameron Lake and Sturgeon Lake and measure approximately seven (7) metres.