St. James the Apostle, Third Church
St. James the Apostle Anglican Church, Fenelon Falls
[Yellowing black and white photograph circa 1902 of St. James the Apostle at bottom of hill]
Today, the third St. James the Apostle, built in 1902 on Bond Street, and [Black and white photograph of inside of St. James Church in 1906 showing sanctuary and altar] sits only a few hundred feet from its original location. [Communion plate and cup, in silver, holds the wine and bread for communion and was gift from Wallis family circa 1837] The chalice and paten used today were gifts of the Wallis family [Bronze relief sculpture showing Jesus and the children. The sculpture is framed on three sides in oak and rounded on top. Measuring 3 feet by 2 feet] as was the beautiful relief sculpture by the renowned artist Katherine Wallis. [Butternut cabinet, made up of buffet and hutch. Hutch has glass panes reflecting current church stain glass windows, three on each door. The wood came from Blythe Farm circa 1840] In St. James, you will also find an antique butternut wood cabinet, handmade from local wood [Butternut cabinet with church artefacts in glass hutch] holding artefacts. Many historic items are still displayed today.