Source: Great Lakes Maritime Museum, Archival Collection
Built in 1836 by David Annis of Oshawa. Owned by David Annis, Daniel Conant, and later James Farewell.
The Lord Durham shipped lumber, wheat, ashes, and a special PLOW brand of flour at $1 a barrel to ports across Lake Ontario with the most of its activity occurring at Kingston.
The Lord Durham was grounded at Frenchman’s Bay but rescued.