Source: (Copy) Oshawa Museum, Archival Collection
At this time the wooden pier and storage areas were under constant repair. It can be seen in this image, that the wooden pier was not in good condition. In 1937 a concrete pier was constructed by William Bermingham and Sons of Kingston. The 1,082 foot structure was built 42 feet to the west of the old wooden pier, widening the entrance to the port.