Source: Library and Archives Canada. 4154015
Sketch of the Outlets of Black’s and Annis’ Creeks in the Township of Whitby (Oshawa Harbour)
Survey completed by surveyor George Saunders and civil engineer N.H. Baird, September 13, 1841. The scale of the measurement is listed as 10 chains = 1 inch.
Published notes accompany the map indicating that the Smith’s Gazette 1846, labeled the location as “a small shipping place on Lake Ontario, three miles from the Village of Oshawa. There are storehouses for storing produce, one tavern and houses for the wharfinger and deputy customhouse officer.