Water Carriers at Red Pine Bay
1995-0060 Gillies Family fonds, Arnprior & McNab/Braeside Archives
Drawing water at Braeside shoreline, circa 1895
A team of horses wait in the shallow water as three men fill water barrels onto a cart. Water was needed for the horses that were kept in the stables located above the C.P.R. train station. Water was also carted to the various cottages (small board and batten homes) owned by Gillies Bros. located along Arthur’s Hill and throughout the village.