Skip to main content

Order of the Royal Purple

Though the Order of the Royal Purple, the female auxiliary of Elks Canada, was founded in Canada in 1914, the lodge in The Pas was instituted on June 7, 1945, at the original Elks Hall (which burned down New Year’s Day, 1987). The initiation rites inducting new members were performed by Mrs. G. Clancy of Portage La Prairie and four members of the Royal Purple Lodge in Flin Flon. Ann Eull was designated as the first Honoured Royal Lady of The Pas Lodge while 31 charter members were present. Unfortunately, due to an aging membership base and declining membership numbers, the Royal Purple in The Pas dissolved in the mid-2000s.  Beyond assisting the Elks, members helped with many different needs in the community. They especially focused on providing financial assistance to families whose children were required to travel for medical assistance to Winnipeg or medical facilities in Ontario.


The jacket is made up of a purple textile and is single breasted. White piping is attached around all the edges except for the cuffs on the arms. The piping for the cuffs is located seven cm from the edge. There are three pockets on the jacket, one on either side at the bottom edge and a single pocket on the left breast. Attached to the breast pocket is The Pas Royal Purple crest.

The Order of Royal Purple Regalia Jacket

The main attraction for many goodhearted individuals to becoming a member of the Royal Purple was the opportunity for friendship while serving their community and those in need. Although no community group was beyond consideration, the needs of children and seniors were given special attention. Through the combined efforts of the local Lodges, the National Charity, the Elks and Royal Purple Fund for Children, thousands have received a helping hand made possible by annual membership contributions and volunteer efforts.


It is a bellboy style hat made from purple textile. A tassel attaches to a button on the top of the hat with a white cord. The tassel is made up of white and purple cords with a white cord tying them together near the top where the cords meet. A small chain of cut clear stones set in claws hold the tassel to the edge of the hat. On the front of the hat is a diamond shaped pin. The pin is an outline with an elk's bust in the centre. The diamond outline is studded with cut clear stones and the elk has cut orange stones for eyes.

Royal Purple Headwear

As of May 25, 2014, the Order of the Royal Purple has been federally incorporated as the Canadian Royal Purple Society.  Their headquarters are in Kamloops, British Columbia; both men and women are welcome to join.


The main part of the pin is a three dimensional Royal Purple crest/logo with purple inlay. Of note, the eyes of the elk are inlaid with a red substance. There are ornate gold decorations above the crest/logo that lead to two chains. These chains hang from a pin that features two maple leaves and is inscribed

The Order of Royal Purple The Pas Lodge Pin


Text produced by Sam Waller Museum staff.