Joseph Nazaire Frechette
Sam Waller Museum
Photograph of Joseph Nazaire Frechette. Mr. Frechette belonged to the Benevolent Order of the Elks and the Knights of Columbus. He and his wife arrived on June 10, 1915, from St. Nicolas Quebec, to take up land in the Carrot River Valley. Owing to floods in 1915-16 & 1917, they decided to move to Larose Avenue in 1916. They possessed two cows from which they sold 6 quarts of milk daily. Later he rented ten cows from Mr. A. Taillon and pastured them on what is now known as Larose Avenue. From this small beginning grew the extensive Frechette’s Dairy business. He again moved to the present location in 1924. He died in 1959.
The image is black and white, and Mr. Frechette is looking at the camera and smiling. He is wearing a dark suit jacket; white shirt and light coloured tie.