© Bernard Bourbonnais, 2013
Designed and completed by local carpenters and masons, the church construction was completed around 1842 except for the tower, which was completed later in 1845. Originally built to be a modest church, the many transformations undertaken between 1842 and 1888 make it an imposing structure. This stone building of harmonious and classic proportions attests to the developer’s know-how. It was inspired by the Regency Gothic style developed in England in the early 19th century.