© Bernard Bourbonnais, 2018 – Musée régional de Vaudreuil-Soulanges
The small municipality of Pointe-des-Cascades is situated between the Saint Lawrence River and the Soulanges canal. This little hamlet has long been joined with the neighboring municipality of Les Cèdres. In 1961, the population decided to become a distinct municipality and establish a parish. The Saint-Pierre church is a modern built in 1967 and drawn up by architect Julien Perron (1931-2019) (Angers & Perron).