© Sébastien Daviau, 2016 – Musée régional de Vaudreuil-Soulanges
The church opened its doors for worship in 1787. It shows remarkable architectural and artistic qualities. The sanctuary is particularly attractive thanks to the richness of liturgical wood sculpted furnishings decorated with gold leaf in 1794 by Philippe Liébert (1733-1804). The painting above the high altar by William Bercy (1744-1813) in 1810 is titled Saint-Michel overcoming Lucifer and represents the patron of the parish. The décor, painted in trompe-l’oeil by François-Édouard Meloche (1855-1914) in 1883, is decorated with gold leaf and is remarkable in its aesthetic qualities.