Skip to main content


Please browse the gallery below for all the images, videos and audio related to The mills of Île de la Visitation at the Sault-au-Récollet: Celebrating 300 years of history in 2026!. Click on an item to see an enlarged image with description or to play the video/audio clip.
Interior view of the Back River Power Company factory floor in 1942. Women seated at large tables preparing cylindrical cardboard packaging for ammunition that will be shipped to the European front. Standing on the left, a man overseeing their work. On the right, boxes full of cylinders.
A group of twenty-five female workers split into three rows on De l’Île-de-la-Visitation Street in 1941. They are all wearing different dresses. Behind them, trees and houses on the island.
In the centre, a machine is mixing the paper pulp in a circular vat. To the right, big drive belts transfer the torque needed to run large steel-wheeled machines.
A poster with two ink drawings. The upper drawing combines a figure wearing a large hat in front of a traditional village house and trees above a representation of the Montreal skyline. In the lower right corner, a man is looking at a very large piece of heavy machinery that is getting ready to tear down an old house surrounded by trees.
Architectural drawing (parallel projection) of the restoration project for the dike on the mill site. The dike runs diagonally across the image. The miller’s house is in the lower left corner, on the shore of the Island of Montreal.
At the maison du Pressoir (cider press house), Gérald Morel explains his wishes concerning preservation of the site des Moulins (mill site).
In the centre, two men are watching as the operator of a crawler excavator removes turbines from the structure on a snowy day. The basin was drained during the refurbishment of the mills’ dike in the late 1990s.
View of the river taken along the belvedere from Du Pont Street on a rainy spring day. On the left, bare trees, on the right, steel structures reminiscent of the volumes of old buildings. In the background, water from the river.
On the evening of August 25, 2017, musicians gave the first public performance of the Mémoires d’Ahuntsic anthem. They were spread out over a multi-level stage. In the centre, the singer in a blue satin dress, holding the text written by Jacques Boulerice.
Behind the trees, the Church of the Visitation’s two steeples.
A close-up portrait of poet Jacques Boulerice (left), Clément Canac-Marquis of Concerts Ahuntsic en fugue (centre) and musical composer Kiya Tabassian (right), a few minutes after the first public performance of the Mémoires d’Ahuntsic anthem.
  1. Page 6 of 6
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6