Paul Zaborowski Collection
Date: ca. 1950
The Callan family operated a Shell station in Coboconk at the southwest corner of Highway 35 and Highway 46 (later Highway 48) starting in the 1920s. The original building was replaced after the Second World War with the two-storey frame structure seen here. In addition to Shell gasoline, the Callans advertised Buckingham cigarettes, light lunches, and the ubiquitous Coca-Cola.