Museum of Ontario Archaeology and Sustainable Archaeology
Date: Prior to 1650
During museum excavations, three rings were uncovered in the summers of 1987 and 1988. These ‘L-Heart’ rings were distributed to First Nations among whom the Jesuits established missions.
The motif on the ring was engraved and not cast. Their use was fairly widespread and are found on 17th century French and First Nation sites throughout the Great Lakes region.