Postcard, Pierre Monette collection, BAnQ numérique.
As early as 1821, the Sault-au-Récollet parish wanted to offer classrooms to children in the village. In 1831, a plot of land belonging to the parish council was set aside for the construction of a wood and stone school. It was located near the church, at what is now the intersection of Fort-Lorette Street and Gouin Boulevard East. It was replaced by a new school in 1892, following the arrival of the Gabrielite Brothers. Here we see a group of school children in front of the new school, on a postcard from the era.