Pascal Persillier dit Lachapelle house, 2084-2086, Gouin Boulevard East, Flickr page of Parcours riverain – Ville de Montréal, October 2010.
Inset image: Portrait of Paschal Persillier dit Lachapelle Sr., Société d’histoire d’Ahuntsic-Cartierville, Cité historia Fonds.
Several members of the Persillier dit Lachapelle family have contributed to the development of the northern part of the Island of Montreal. And so, Pascal Persillier dit Lachapelle Jr. (1806–1853) acquired many properties like the La Visitation Island and the mills in Sault-au-Récollet, which he bought from the Sulpicians in 1837. Paschal Persillier dit Lachapelle Sr. (1781–1851) and his son are also known for their building of the Saints-Anges bridge, as well as a toll bridge whose outline is similar to the Lachapelle bridge’s across the Des Prairies River.
Pascal Persillier dit Lachapelle Jr. acquired land in Sault-au-Récollet between 1837 and 1845. Around 1840 he built a stone residence on his vast domain. Initially, the house likely featured a balcony on all four sides, which afforded a pleasant view of the neighbouring countryside.
In 1975, Paul Carle, member of the Sault-au-Récollet conservation society, bought the Pascal-Persillier dit Lachapelle house and started restoration work. This project, completed in 1985, aimed to return the house to its former 19th-century appearance.
Grand répertoire du patrimoine bâti de Montréal (directory of heritage buildings in Montreal).