Source: John Mellow
Don Station became less important during the Great Depression due to the CPR and CNR Pool Train Agreement in 1933. This agreement allowed CPR trains to use CNR tracks considering the economic situation of the time. Regular train service returned once again during and after World War Two, during a time known as the “Golden Age of Railroading”. In the early 1950s, the station became a stop for Canadian Pacific’s “Dayliner” Budd Rail Diesel Cars between Toronto and Havelock. By 1967, the Dayliners stopped calling at Don Station due to a lack of ridership. After that, the building was moved to Todmorden Mills Heritage Site in 1969. John recreated this photo during the restoration of the station in 2010.