Date: June 1943
Credit: Verdun Borough Archives Fund
During World War II, Verdun citizens took part in a number of committees to stimulate the war effort. Among the measures implemented was the organization of campaigns to collect such materials as metal, paper, rubber, glass and rags. In 1941, no less than 7,000 pieces of aluminum were collected in Verdun. The objects collected in this way were stored in various locations on Verdun’s territory, including outside the Auditorium. They were then used to manufacture war equipment.