Saint John Jewish Historical Museum
Saint John, New Brunswick

Gallery Thumbnail Gallery Stories Contact Us Search
 

The Changing Role of Jewish Women in Saint John

 
Alice Hart
1 of 258
Elizabeth Hart Green
2 of 258
The Ahavith Achim Synagogue included classrooms and the Mikvah (ritual bath).
3 of 258
Immigrants arriving in Saint John, New Brunswick on board the Lake Superior, 1902
4 of 258
Certificate of Naturalization for Lena Cohen, November 25, 1941  issued by the Canadian Government
5 of 258
Receipt issued by the Salvation Army for Hebrew Immigrant Aid work, June 9, 1908
6 of 258
Hazen Avenue Synagogue.
7 of 258
Orphans from Lithuania brought to Canada in 1921 by Lillian Frieman of Ottawa.
8 of 258
The cast of 'Entertainment' at the York Theatre on March 13, 1906.
9 of 258
Daughters of Israel twenty fifth anniversary banquet, 1924
10 of 258
Invitation to Fortieth Anniversary Party for Daughters of Israel, January 24, 1939
11 of 258
Minnie Goldman, president of the Daughters of Israel in 1920 and 1934 to 1939.
12 of 258
Millie Isaacs, recording secretary of the Daughters of Israel from 1904 to 1930.
13 of 258
Shaarei Zedek Synagogue, the primary place of Jewish worship in Saint John.
14 of 258
Ida (Mrs. Harry) Jacobson was president of the North End Ladies Society in Saint John in 1930.
15 of 258
One of the final letters sent to the members of the Daughters of Israel.
16 of 258
Lillian Bassen Webber
17 of 258
Rose Selick Freedman
18 of 258

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Important Notices  
© 2021 All Rights Reserved