Central School Closed and Demolished
The Central School remained in operation as a joint elementary school and high school until it was demolished around 1951. An elementary school, called Moody Elementary School was built at the same location, and a seperate high school was built further east on St. John's Street between 1951-52.
New Surroundings for Daydreamers
In 1951 the Central School met its end. As some students may have fantasized, it was demolished. But once the new facilities were built, those daydreaming students would find themselves in updated surroundings.