Port Moody Central School

The new four-room schoolhouse was built at the corner of Moody and St. John's Street. It was now possible to split the children into divisions, with each class having their own teacher. This school is the first recorded (in 1907) as the "Port Moody Central School."


The New Century

From a doctor's home to a four-room "Central School" with two classes and a principal, the first years of Port Moody's organized education show the challenge of establishing a school system.

Much more had yet to occur in the history of Port Moody's schools ...