Bell of the lazaretto
Tracadie, New Brunswick, Canada
The community buys a bell for the exterior of the lazaretto costing $54.00.
Mgr. J. Rogers blessed that bell on October 30th, 1970, when he visited Tracadie.
That same bell would be installed in the two following buildings: the stone lazaretto built in 1896 and the Hôtel- Dieu Saint Joseph built in 1946.
After the demolition of the Hôtel- Dieu's steeple around 1969, the bell was given to the museum.